Effective: April 1, 2022
- WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON THE ASICS ONLINE SERVICES?
We and third-parties may use a variety of cookies and other (tracking) technologies, now and hereafter developed, in connection with our online services, including:
Cookies. Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer by your web browser. A cookie allows the services to recognize whether you have visited before and may store user preferences and other information. Cookies also can record events related to your device’s activity on our, and in some cases third party, services, including the pages viewed, products viewed, purchase history, and date and time of browsing. They also can record information related to your device (e.g., browser type, device type, operating system, version, IP address) and events relating to ad serving activity, such as the number of ads displayed on your device, and ads clicked.
- First-party cookies are placed by us. They can make your experience on the web more efficient. For example, they help us remember:
- Items in your shopping cart;
- Your log-in name; and
- Your preferences, such as your preferred language or location.
- Third-party cookies are placed by a company other than us. For example, we may work with an advertising network to deliver some of the ads you see. We also may work with companies in order to provide personalized product recommendations based on trends and on your browsing and purchase history on our, and sometimes third party mobile apps or sites. Or we may work with an analytics company to help understand how users interact with our services. These “third party” companies also may place cookies on your browser to understand your behavior over time.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag or web beacon is a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a web page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the pixel tag or web beacon, and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a web page or email. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which may include personal information. Pixel tags can be used for many purposes, including traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, and to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
Mobile identifiers. We and third parties may use mobile identifiers to collect information about your use of the services on mobile devices. For example, most modern mobile devices (iOS 6, Android 2.3, and Windows 10 and above) provide mobile advertising identifiers. These are randomly-generated alphanumeric codes that are associated with your device that often come with options to reset the identifier and opt out of interest-based advertising. These identifiers have different names depending on the operating system. For example, they are called Advertising IDs on Android devices and Identifiers for Advertisers (IDFA) on iOS devices. These technologies and other mobile identifiers may be used to monitor how mobile applications are used on a particular device.
Statistical identifiers. We and our third-party partners may create statistical identifiers using technical information collected using cookies and other tracking mechanisms, such as operating system, user-agent string, IP address, Internet browsing, and similar information. These statistical identifiers are created with an algorithm that uses information about your computer or device. This information makes your computer or device distinct enough for us or our third-party partners to determine with a reasonable probability that they are encountering the same computer or device. This data is used for purposes that include increasing the relevancy of ads displayed on your device.
Below is the list of the cookies we use on the ASICS online services, whether it concerns a first or third party cookie, what personal data these cookies collect and for how long they are stored. This list offers an overview of the functional, performance and analytics and the targeting, marketing and social media cookies.
These cookies are necessary for the site to function properly and are therefore set to “always active”. They are often set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your (privacy) preferences, remembering items in your shopping cart, logging in or completing forms.
Furthermore, cookies are placed for analytics purposes to measure site traffic in order to assess the functioning of the site. In this category we only place analytical cookies that have very little to no impact on your privacy, such as Google Analytics with privacy-friendly settings (anonymized IP address, no data sharing with Google etc.), otherwise we will ask your prior consent to do so.
- You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
PERFORMANCE AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
- These cookies allow us to measure and analyze our site audience so we can improve the performance of our sites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. They also allow us to improve the speed with which we can process your request, allowing us to remember the site preferences you have selected. It also helps identify issues faced by users on the site. We and our third-party partners will only place performance and analytics cookies if you have provided your explicit consent for this. You can change your settings at any time following the instructions below. Please note that not allowing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site preferences.
TARGETING, MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies allow us to make your user experience more personal and to recommend certain products. We do this, among other things, based on your behavior on the ASICS site across the various devices you use.
Furthermore, these cookies collect information to tailor advertising to your interest. They can be set by us or by our advertising partners. They may be used to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on our sites or on other sites.
Social Media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) and share content from our site through social media. In addition, if you consent, these social media also track your behavior on our sites and apps so they can show you more targeted articles, ads and videos on their platform.
We and our third-party partners will only place targeting, marketing and social media cookies if you have provided your explicit consent for this. You can change your settings at any time following the instructions below. Please note that if you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- HOW CAN I MANAGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS, BLOCK OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you do not want ASICS or third-party partners to store cookies on your device that collect and use data relating to your online activities, you can exercise certain preferences by using our cookie preference center available in the footer of the site under Manage Cookie. Also, you can click here to be directed to the Privacy Preference Centre to adjust your preferences at any given time.
You can also change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored and adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also delete cookies that have already been stored. However, if you take this approach it may override choices you may have made in our Privacy Preference Centre or with third parties.
Please note that, whether you use our Privacy Preference Centre or other cookie control tools, you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. In order to exercise choice regarding interest-based advertising, you must use the opt-out choices described below in “How can I opt out of certain analytics and interest-based advertising?”
Please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies, we cannot guarantee that our services will function properly. It may be that several functions will be unavailable to you or that you will even be unable to view certain parts of the services.
The procedures for changing your browser settings and blocking or deleting cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
Browser settings do not affect apps. You can also reset the advertising identifiers on your mobile device in the device settings. iOS users can visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Reset Advertising Identifier. Android users can visit Google settings > Ads > Reset advertising ID. These controls work much like deleting cookies in a browser—the device is harder to associate with past activity, but tracking may still occur using the new advertising identifier.
- HOW CAN I OPT OUT OF CERTAIN ANALYTICS AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
Our services may enable third-party tracking mechanisms that collect data over time and across unaffiliated websites and mobile applications to better gauge your interests and serve you more relevant ads, so-called “interest-based advertising.” For example, we and third parties (such as ad networks and other advertising companies) may use the fact that you visited our services and have interest in particular ASICS products to target relevant online ads for ASICS or other products to you on non-ASICS sites and mobile applications. You may opt out of some third-party interest-based advertising in web browsers and mobile applications by following the instructions below or you may use our Privacy Preference Centre available in the footer of the site under Manage Cookie. Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will need to opt out again. In addition, even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, you will still see ads from us but the ads will be less relevant to you and your interests.
Some interest-based advertising companies offer consumer choice through the following industry self-regulatory programs:
- Web browser opt-out. To opt out in web browsers, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/consumers, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Consumer Choice page at www.youradchoices.ca/choices.
You may also download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “Protect My Choices” tool at www.aboutads.info/pmc to help preserve the opt-out preferences you set on the DAA’s Consumer Choice Page.
- Mobile application opt-out. To opt out in mobile apps, please download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or https://youradchoices.ca/en/appchoices and adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device. To adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
While we support these programs and expect the advertising companies, we work with to support one or more of these programs, these opt-out tools and programs are not operated by us and we are not responsible for their completeness, accuracy or effectiveness.
Some browsers have so-called “do not track” signals. However, there is no consensus as to what they mean or when they indicate an affirmative user choice, so our services currently do not respond to Do Not Track browser signals.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY